Lyons Depot Rehabilitation
Town of Lyons
$539,500; 1,475 sq. ft. exterior and interior rehabilitation of the 1885 sandstone depot and circa-1910 wood framed railroad freight building, previously used as the Town Library. This building was severely damaged in the September 2013 flood of the N. St. Vrain River. Upon completion, the building is now used as Town of Lyons administrative office space.
The original depot is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Rehabilitation included regrading of the site around the depot to improve drainage; reconstruction of the original brick paver platform around the building; complete reconstruction of the flood-damaged wood floor structure; repair and repointing of the original sandstone masonry; replacement of the original metal tile roofing with replica tiles; rehabilitation of the remaining original wood windows and doors, and replication of missing doors; construction of a new accessible unisex restroom and reconstruction of the interior ramp; and installation of new mechanical, electrical, data and life safety systems.
Professional services included programming analysis and space planning for the library district, and full architectural and engineering design services.